NATIONAL AGENCY FOR MINERAL RESOURCES("NAMR")
The NAMR has been established under the provisions of the Oil Law as competent authority in the oil field, in coordination with the Ministry or Industries and Resources and represents the Romanian State's interest. It issues mandatory regulations and technical instruction concerning the application of the relevant laws in its field of authority.
Among its main duties, pursuant to the Oil Law, NAMR is authorized:
- To mange the oil resources of the Romanian State;
- To negotiate and enter into the oil agreements,
- To issue regulatory and technical mandatory enactments in the oil field
- To survey the oil production in view of setting out financial aspects related to the operations in the oil field;
- To supervise all oil related operations undertaken over the Romanian territory.
- To draft and keep the Oil Book.